Belzona 1391T is a 2-part ceramic filled epoxy coating which provides erosion and corrosion resistance to high temperature equipment operating under immersion up to 130°C (266°F). It offers excellent resistance to a wide range of aqueous solutions, hydrocarbons and process chemicals.
This 2-coat, solvent free system is applied using simple hand tools to areas requiring maximum erosion resistance. It has a long overcoat window and can be rapidly force cured allowing applications to be effectively completed with minimal downtime, shortening application time and simplifying maintenance procedures.
For situations where a sprayable coating is required, Belzona Belzona 1391S is ideal.
- Operates at high temperature under immersed conditions
- Excellent erosion and corrosion resistance
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- Good electrical insulation properties
- High compressive strength
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel, specialist steels
- Suitable for steaming out up to 210°C (410°F)
Applications for Belzona 1391T include:
- High temperature coatings for process vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, clarifiers and scrubber units operating under immersion
- Protecting pumps, valves, hot water tanks and separators from the effects of erosion and corrosion
- High strength structural adhesive for metal bonding
- Creation of irregular load bearing shims
Key technical data:
Working life at 20°C (68°F) - 45 minutes
Time to full service at 30°C (86°F) - 10 days
Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624) - 3,770 psi (25.99 MPa) on blasted mild steel
Coverage rate - 0.89 m² (9.6 sq.ft) per kilogram to achieve minimum recommended system thickness
Temperature resistance - 130°C (266°F) immersed
Bonds to - Steel, stainless steel and other metals
Typical applications - High temperature coating of process equipment, bonding and shimming
Unit size - 1kg, 3kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.