A two-part repair composite based on a solvent free epoxy resin reinforced silicon with steel alloy. This high temperature repair system is designed for metal repair and rebuilding equipment and provides excellent corrosion protection. Under immersion Belzona 1511 (Super HT-Metal) is suitable for applications up to 160°C (320°F). This product can be overcoated with Belzona high temperature coatings without the need for frost blasting, significantly reducing application costs and downtime.
Belzona 1511 (Super HT-Metal) will not corrode and resists a wide range of chemicals. This repair material can be easily mixed and applied without the need for specialist tools and when cured is durable yet fully Machinable.
- No frost blasting needed prior to overcoating with Belzona high temperature linings
- Excellent erosion and corrosion resistance
- Operates at high temperatures and resists a wide range of chemicals
- Can be easily mixed and applied at up to 12 mm thickness enabling to fill even deeper pitting in one application
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- No shrinkage, expansion or distortion
- Excellent adhesion to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel, specialist steels
- Outstanding mechanical properties
Applications for Belzona 1511 (Super HT Metal) include:
- High temperature epoxy repairs for process vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, clarifiers and scrubber units
- Repairs of cracks and holes on engine and pump casings, pipes, tanks and other equipment
- Resurface of pitted metal surfaces
Key technical data:
Working life at 25°C (77°F) - 60 minutes
Pull off adhesion on grit blasted mild steel (ASTM D4541 / ISO 4624) - 5180 psi (35.7 MPa) 20°C/68°F cure; 5160 psi (35.6 MPa) 100°C/212°F cure; 4700 psi (32.4 MPa) 160°C/320°F cure
Tensile shear adhesion on grit blasted mild steel (ASTM D1002) - 3060 psi (21.1 MPa) 20°C/68°F cure & test; 2780 psi (19.2 MPa) 100°C/212°F cure & 20°C/68°F test; 2980 psi (20.5 MPa) 160°C/320°F cure & 20°C/68°F test
Temperature resistance - 160°C (320°F) immersed, 210°C (392°F) dry
Bonds to - Steel, stainless steel and other metals
Typical applications - Metal repair and pit pilling for equipment operating at high temperature
Unit size - 1kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.