A 2-part spray applied epoxy coating designed to provide long-term corrosion and chemical resistance to equipment operating in continuous immersion at temperatures up to 140°C (284°F). This solvent free coating has a long overcoat window and its cold curing mechanism with full in service cure reduces downtime and ensures rapid return of equipment to service.
Belzona 1523 is easy to mix and apply using heated airless spray equipment, allowing large areas to be quickly and effectively protected.
- Outstanding corrosion protection of high temperature equipment, suitable for continuous immersion in water and hydrocarbon mixtures up to 140°C (284°F)
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals including hydrocarbons and amines
- Two coat application without the need for flash blasting between coats
- Very light colours allowing easy inspection in dark vessels
- Coating applied by heated airless spray for quick application
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Solvent free material allowing it to be safely applied in confined areas
- Reduces downtime due to its innovative post-cure mechanism activated at service temperatures - no separate post-cure needed
- Withstands steam-out process up to 210°C (410°F) and rapid depressurisation
- Excellent adhesion to metal surfaces and high retention of adhesion at elevated temperatures
Applications for Belzona 1523 include:
- High temperature epoxy coating for oil and gas production equipment such as separators, flare knock-out vessels and evaporators operating under immersion
- Corrosion protection against a variety of chemicals in high temperature equipment including boiler vessels, condensers and heat exchangers
Key technical data:
Working life at 20°C (68°F) - 45 minutes
Time to full service at 30°C (68°F) - 14 hours
Pull off adhesion (ASTM D4541 / ISO 4624) - 3,780 psi (26.1 MPa) on grit blasted steel for 100°C (212°F) cure/ 20°C (68°F) test
Compressive Yield Strength (ASTM D695) - 9,340 psi (64.4 MPa) for 100°C (212°F) cure/ 20°C (68°F) test
Atlas Cell Immersion resistance (NACE TM0174) - 140°C (284°F) immersed; no rusting or blistering after 6 months
High adhesion to - Steel, stainless steel and other metals
Typical applications - Epoxy coating for equipment operating at high temperatures under continuous immersion
Unit size - 10 litres.