A 2-part epoxy based composite material incorporating abrasion resistant ceramic aggregates for the repair and protection of metal surfaces suffering from sliding abrasion. Belzona 1811 (Ceramic Carbide) resists deformation damage and wear providing long-term abrasion resistance.
This highly durable composite material can be applied without the need for specialist tools to unlimited thickness onto vertical and horizontal surfaces up to a dry temperature of 150°C (300°F). Belzona 1811 (Ceramic Carbide) will not corrode and is resistant to a wide range of chemicals. It will bond to a variety of substrates providing a seamless lining coupled with excellent abrasion and wear resistance to coarse materials.
Alternatively, where problems due to very fine particle abrasion occur, Belzona 1812 (Ceramic Carbide FP) has been developed.
- High abrasion and wear resistance
- Will not corrode
- Solvent free allowing it to be applied safely in confined areas
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel and cast iron
- Application and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Long working life
- Fast cure rate ensures prompt return to service
- High mechanical strength
Applications for Belzona 1811 (Ceramic Carbide) include:
- Protection of pipework, pipe bends, elbows and valves from abrasion
- Bonding and grouting tiles and wear plates where high abrasion resistance is required
- Repair of screw conveyors, centrifuges and pump impellers damaged by erosion and corrosion
- Linings for worn hoppers, chutes, mixer blades and other equipment subject to abrasion
Key technical data:
Working life at 20°C (68°F) - 60 minutes
Time to full mechanical cure at 20°C (68°F) - 3 days
Abrasion resistance - Taber with 1kg load - H10 Wheels (Wet) - 57 mm³ loss per 1000 cycles
CS17 Wheels (Dry) - 7mm³ loss per 1000 cycles
Tensile shear adhesion (ASTM D1002) - 2,400 psi (16.55 MPa) on blasted mild steel
Temperature resistance - 150°C (300°F) dry
Bonds to - Steel, cast iron, stainless steel and other metals and materials
Typical applications - Abrasion resistant lining for equipment damaged by coarse particle impact
Unit size - 2kg, 20kg. Pack sizes may vary locally.