A 2-part epoxy coating which provides outstanding chemical resistance and protects equipment operating under immersion in aqueous solutions up to 50°C (122°F) from the effects of corrosion. This solvent free material can be easily applied by brush or spray to virtually any metallic and non-metallic surface, simplifying maintenance works.
Belzona 5811DW2 (DW Immersion Grade) is a variant of Belzona 5811 (Immersion Grade) approved by WRAS and NSF for contact with potable water.
- Effective protection of equipment operating under immersion conditions from corrosion damage
- Belzona 5811DW2 (DW Immersion Grade) is approved by WRAS and NSF for the applications in contact with drinking water
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- Easy application by brush or spray and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals as well as sea water and crude oil
- Eliminates the need for replacement and reduces downtime
- Excellent adhesion to virtually any surface including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium
Applications for Belzona 5811 (Immersion Grade) include:
- Epoxy coating for tanks, bunds, process vessels, pumps, pipes, heat exchangers and clarifiers operating under immersion
- Protection of tanks and secondary containment areas from chemical attack and erosion and corrosion damage
- Protection of pipework from erosion, corrosion and chemical attack
- High strength structural adhesive for metal bonding
Key technical data:
Working life at 20°C (68°F) 2 hours
Time to immersion service at 20°C (68°F) 5 days
Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624) 4,450 psi (30.7MPa) on grit blasted steel
Coverage rate 36.5 sq.ft (3.4 sq.m) per ltr
Temperature resistance 50°C (122°F) immersed, 150°C (302°F) dry
Bonds to Most surfaces including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium
Typical applications Protection of equipment operating under immersion, metal bonding
Unit size 4ltr. Pack sizes may vary locally.