A solvent free, 2-part epoxy coating designed to provide outstanding protection to hot metal surfaces against corrosion under insulation (CUI). This surface tolerant coating can be applied by brush directly onto hot metal surfaces from 30°C to 80°C (86°F - 176°F) with minimal preparation required.
- In-situ application by brush on live equipment operating at high temperatures with minimal surface preparation
- Excellent corrosion under insulation (CUI) protection of surfaces up to 80°C (176°F)
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- Fast cure allowing equipment to be re-insulated with minimum delay
- Good chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent adhesion even to manually prepared metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminium, brass and copper
- Good adhesion to Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier)* coating in overlap areas
Applications for Belzona 5841 include:
- Prevention of corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Long-term corrosion protection of hot pipework and process equipment
- In-situ external coating of process vessels operating at high temperature during service, avoiding production downtime
*Also available is heat activated Belzona 5851 (HA-Barrier) coating, suitable for applications onto hot surfaces up to 150°C (302°F).
Key technical data:
Working life at 20°C (68°F) 1 hour
Time to full cure at 80°C (176°F) 8 hours
Coverage rate at 80°C (176°F) 2.49 m2/kg (26.8 sq.ft./kg) at 100 microns (4 mils) per coat
Heat resistance Up to 80°C (176°F)
Heat distortion temperature (tested per ASTM D648) 95°C (203°F) after 7 days cure at 80°C (176°F)
Bonds to Aluminium, copper, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and other metals
Typical applications Prevention of CUI, surface tolerant coating for live process equipment
Unit size 1 kg, 8 kg. Unit sizes may vary locally.