A 2-part epoxy coating applied by brush or heated airless spray for corrosion protection of metallic surfaces in contact with aqueous solutions at temperatures up to 90°C (194°F).
A cost effective alternative to glass flake systems, this solvent free material offers good chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals and protects equipment from the effects of corrosion, salt, water and environmental damage. It will cure under cold conditions, eliminating health and safety hazards.
Belzona 5891 (HT Immersion Grade) can also be used for the creation of irregular load bearing shims with good electrical insulation characteristics.
- Effectively protects equipment operating under constant immersion up to 90°C (194°F)
- Suitable for contact with hot potable water, approved by WRAS and NSF/ANSI 61
- Post cures in service
- Long-term erosion and corrosion resistance
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent free
- Will outperform conventional glass flake coatings
- Easy application by brush or spray and cure at room temperature - no hot work involved
- Good chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Eliminates the need for replacement and reduces downtime
- Excellent bonding to many surfaces including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminum
Applications for Belzona 5891 (HT Immersion Grade) include:
- Lining of equipment such as separators, condensers, evaporators, knockout drums, diffusers and gear boxes operating at high temperature
- Repair of existing equipment linings
- Protection of tanks and secondary containment areas from chemicals and the effects of erosion and corrosion
- Coating of pipelines prone to corrosion damage
- Creation of irregular load bearing shims
Key technical data:
Working life at 20°C (68°F) 45 minutes
Time to immersion service at 30°C (86°F) 24 hours
Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624) 4800 psi (33.09 MPa) - at room temperature on grit blasted steel; 5700 psi (39.30 MPa) - post cure on grit blasted steel
Coverage rate 2.5 sq.m (27 sq.ft) per liter
Temperature resistance 90°C (194°F) immersed
Bonds to Most metallic and non-metallic surfaces including cast iron, stainless steel, brass, copper, concrete, wood, fiberglass and aluminium
Typical applications Protection of equipment operating under immersion at high temperatures
Unit size 4 litres and 8 litres. Pack sizes may vary locally.